Hey, my name is Rachael Hammerly. I am a nursing major and this is my second year here at LCSC. I am really enjoying school, I had been out of school for 9 years before coming back so it was a little scary at first, but I love it! I'm from Moscow originally. My husband and I moved down here for school and work. I love camping, watching football, and playing games (video/card/board/dice). I own a tarantula named Octavia, I think she is absolutely fascinating! Anything else you would like to know, just ask. :)
Hi Rachael. I'm not sure I'd ever own a tarantula. However, I am fascinated by them from afar (really, really far). I guess in a town near Moraga, California, the locals have a tradition of a moonlight migration of tarantulas. I guess there's one particular time in the year when they cross a highway in large number. Can you imagine? A highway turned into a creepy, crawly sea of 8-legged creatures?
ReplyDeleteI actually have heard of that, I thought it would be neat to see sometime. I wouldn't want to be driving while it was happening though, that would not be fun.
DeleteHey Rachael! This is my 2nd year at LCSC and also am persuing a nursing degree! :) As far as owning a tarantula I think it's great! Not very often you hear of a woman not being araid of a spider like most.How did you decided on the name? I actually have an uncle named Octavio, so I thought that was funny.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! I wanted a name that incorporated 8 somehow and I just played around with it for a while. I liked the way it sounded. I can't take full credit though, when I was a little girl I met a woman that named her daughter Octavia, so the name was kind of already in my head so once I named my tarantula it all came back to me, then I had to laugh a little. What other classes are you taking? Maybe we have more classes together?
DeleteHi Rachel! Nice to meet you! I am also a nursing major. They have a great program here. Are you in the program right now or will you be apply soon? its so great to see other nursing student around. Can't wait to hear more about you.
ReplyDeleteHi Holly! I have heard that they have a really good program, that is part of the reason I chose LCSC. I am not in the program, I apply in the fall. I am a little nervous, I have heard that it is quite competitive and so many people are going into nursing. When I started school here I think there were over 100 students starting that were persuing nursing, we were told that they only accept 45 students into the program, if I remember correctly. How about you? Are you in the program?
Delete